14 January 2012

Turn 8: New engaging rules

8 - 15 June 1932

4 boats on patrol
9 boats in transit
6 boats returning to base
6 boats in bases
2 boats  in repair

   After sixth in the row dry week, I started to doubt in My tactic. Rapports shown the only one ship was destroyed in reattack on the same convoy, but 6 submarines was damaged and one sunk. That gived Me a conclusion that reattack is too dangerous for now. Boats in repair wasting time, which could be productive on patrol. With so many returning submarines with damage, I decided to allow to reattack only if the situation is really safe or important.
   I also started to worry about sunk tonnage. With only 23000 tons after 8 weeks, what gives average 2875 tons per week. In this tempo I should only reach less then 100000 tons to the end of the year, which is extremely low. I will wait to the end of the month, and then rethink this problem.

This week total: no ships sunk

No comments:

Post a Comment